Friends of New-Bridge Integrated College
Friends’ of New-Bridge Integrated College
New-Bridge Does Strictly!
Are you an avid ‘Strictly’ fan? If so, you will be excited to know that our big fundraising effort for 2017 is ‘New-Bridge Does Strictly’
14 parents and 14 members of the College staff have agreed to dance the night away in June 2017 . Training has already started so watch this space for updates!
Chairperson, Friends of New-Bridge
- “The primary aim of ‘Friends of New-Bridge Integrated College’ is to help raise funds for the College by organising events throughout the school year. Such events should have participation by school pupils, teachers and parents where applicable.”
- “A secondary aim shall be to provide a forum to enable parents and school representatives to meet and interact in a social setting.”
As ‘Friends of New-Bridge Integrated College’ we fully support and promote the aims and spirit of Integration.
“It is about cultivating every individual´s self-respect and therefore their respect for other people and other cultures.” Northern Ireland Council for Integrated Education www.nicie.org.uk
Who is involved and when do we meet?
- Any New-Bridge Integrated College parent/guardian can come along and get involved in ‘Friends of New-Bridge Integrated College’
Leanne Greene, Chairperson, Sharon Skillen, Vice Chair, Rosemary Teggart, Treasurer, Teresa McBurney, Public Relations Officer, Paula McAnearney, Pamela Hood, Dolores Canniford, Patricia Jordan, Alison Chambers, Siobhan Keegan – Meetings are held monthly!
What has been achieved to date?
- Funds raised for assembly hall floor, heating, chairs, interactive whiteboards and much more. We provide support at important events in the school calendar i.e. Open Day, school productions etc.
How do we raise funds?
Through various activities including:
100 CLUB – £500 prize money every month!
How do you get involved?
- Come to meetings, have your say
- Support events – quiz, shows, donations, etc.
- Provide your expertise
- Encourage your children
- Help out at events – AccessNI check is required (The College Secretary will provide the necessary paperwork. There is no charge associated with volunteers).
PLEASE SUPPORT ALL OUR FUNDRAISING EFFORTS AND HELP US TO HELP OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY
Friends of New-Bridge host Multi Cultural Evening
A wonderful evening celebrating cultural diversity in New-Bridge Integrated College was held on Thursday 5 March. The fun filled event was enjoyed by parents, pupils and staff at New-Bridge to mark International Integrated Education Week. Music, dance and a wide variety of culinary delights to savour were enjoyed by all. A warm thank you to ‘Friends of New-Bridge’ who organised the event. Special thanks to the Integrated Education Fund who provided funding and to our pupils who participated in music, facepainting and so much more.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Integrated Education Fund
The Selee Thai Takeaway – Babu’s Indian- Rosehip Café and Bakery -Fred Elliot Butchers-Windsor Home Bakery-The Country Corner, Forest Feast, Costa, The Seven Stars, Anglers Rest , Andrew Briggs and family, Iveagh Cinema and many more.
Parcel Of Rogues – Anne Lennon (photo booth)-Mr Sheppy and the New-Bridge Dancers-New-Bridge African Drummers, School Choir, Banbridge Community Choir, Elaine Keegan (origami)
Mc Creedy Academy Of Irish Dance- Phil Browne and Barry Dugan- Guitar players – 6th Form Students face painting
Violeen (Nikolia, Vessie and Lee) – Enigma (Year 12 Music Class)
Thank you to Robin Fields who suppied the manequins for display.
Thank you all so much.
See gallery for photos!
FRIENDS OF NEW-BRIDGE INTEGRATED COLLEGE
TESCO ‘BAG PACK ‘ RAISES £728
The new Tesco store opened in the Outlet Centre in Banbridge and kindly offered ‘Friends of New-Bridge’ the opportunity to do a bag pack on Saturday 18th October 2014. The bag pack was a fantastic opportunity to raise funds for the school and an outstanding £728 was raised!
Many thanks to members of the Friends of New-Bridge, students and staff who were so giving of their time to help rasie this tremendous amount.
Thank you to David McKay on behalf of Tesco for the fundraising opportunity.